Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More on my Verdun Fixer Upper







Here are some more photos from the Verdun fixer upper Amy Barratt and I have spent the last two months getting ready for market.
It's been a journey. The house has had one owner since it was built in 1946. There are a lot of memories - and more than a little memorabilia - inside those four walls.
The owner is nearly 94. He was in no condition to make it ready for sale, so we rolled up our sleeves and got down to it. There were many trips to the Friperie Renaissance with mattresses, small furniture, clothes, books and household items. We went through many bottles of cleaning fluids and scrubbed many walls and floors. I personally raked the front lawn and cut back the overgrown plantings, bagged and baled the leaves and branches. We staged the house with what furniture is left. Finally, I painted the front door a cheery shade of almond white last Saturday.
I hope the pictures give you an idea of how cosy and sweet this house is. I'm hoping it will find a buyer who wants to make it into a happy family home once more. Know anybody? Have them give me a call!
Have an aging family member who is considering downsizing from a house to an apartment, condo or supervised living facility? We would be glad to work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, in an effort to cut down on spam, I will now be moderating comments prior to publication. If you're a real person with a real comment or question, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Thanks!