Friday, June 12, 2009

What Were They Thinking? #4

Where do I begin? If it was my kitchen, or I was the agent trying to sell this place, I'd start by sweeping everything off the table and counter tops and into a big bin that I would leave in the other room. I for dang sure wouldn't have a tea towel draped over the counter and I'd pick up the plastic bags and giant sack of kitty litter.
Next, I'd put all the lights on and then I'd go next door and borrow more lamps to make the place look bright and homey. I'd get the coat rack out of the picture and I'd open the curtains in the background all the way.
This picture was fairly representative of all the photos that went with this listing. It will not surprise you to learn that this hovel eventually sold for $130,000 less than asking price.
BTW, sometimes it's easy to blame tenants when a house appears messy. In this instance, the owner lived on the premises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, in an effort to cut down on spam, I will now be moderating comments prior to publication. If you're a real person with a real comment or question, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Thanks!