Monday, March 2, 2009

Give Up The Rolls? Nevah!

Further signs of the apocalypse come today from the New York Times, which reports on a Manhattan agent who is considering giving up her chauffeur-driven Rolls. OMG! Soon the baying hounds of economic restraint will expect us to ground our corporate jets, like so many cap-in-hand automobile executives.
I can't imagine the realtor's humiliation at having to downgrade to a lowly Audi. Oh the humanity!
Seriously, the Rolls, or in my case the Jaguar, is a business must. It tells clients that I am "successful". By extension, anyone who rides with me must be "successful" too. Still, needs must in these sober times. Here's what I've done - maybe you'll find this tip useful. I've had my Jag customized so that it bears an uncanny resemblance to an '03 Focus Wagon. (Seriously, you'd think it was the real thing.) So, those in the know, enjoy the incomparable luxury of a Jag but all the outside world sees is a boxy grey car with a slight ding on the front driver's side. It's what you might call a win-win.

Read the Times story here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, in an effort to cut down on spam, I will now be moderating comments prior to publication. If you're a real person with a real comment or question, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Thanks!